Friday, March 26, 2010

Special Correspondent

I should be getting things done.
Its a Friday morning, I don't work, and there are things to be doing.
For instance, I should be washing my sheets, and raking the yard. Or walking to Starbucks and then to the little florist up the street that I've been driving past for months and planned on actually stopping in on today.
Or I should be getting ready to meet a friend at the community college bake sale and then grocery shopping.
And I probably will do all those things, at some point. But right now I'm writing letters.
Oh yes. I write letters.
I'm bringing back the art form. Plus, I have a creative writing degree. Gotta keep those chops up!
So instead of doing all those things right now, I'm writing a letter. Because there's something so sinfully delicious about sitting around in my jams at 11 on a beautiful Friday morning writing to Mr. Adorable.
Yeah, I write to my fiance.
Why don't you write to yours?
There's nothing like putting a king of hearts stamp on that unexpected missive to your adorable future hubs, talking about all the things that have happened since you last saw each other. Even if it was yesterday. Best part? He writes back. And the things we say to each other are enough to make the most hopeless of romantics go "those guys are so gross".
We tend to have that effect on people.
So back to my writing.
Now that my hand is un-cramped.

No comments:

Post a Comment